"List the Veterans in your life, living or not."
My list is pretty long, so here goes.
- Lambert Rebstock (mom's uncle)- WWII, POW in Japan
- 4 older Rebstock brothers, Matthew Mark Luke & John (we're Catholic can ya tell?, also mom's uncles)- WWII, died in action
- Walter Ditman- (mom's dad) WWII US Army
- Grandpa Ditman- (mom's grandfather) US Army
- Joseph Clark- (dad's dad) WWII US Navy
- Uncle Walter- (dad's uncle) WWII US Air Force
- Daniel Clark- (dad) Vietnam, US Air Force
- Zach Lang- (cousin) soon to be serving, US Navy
- Jason Schultz- (drew's best friend) currently serving & stationed in Iraq, US Army
- Danny DeArmond- (my friend Julie's brother) currently serving, US Air Force
- Karl Jacobs- (former boss/mentor) Vietnam, US Army
- John Poi- (dad's friend) Vietnam, US Army
- Vance Munsen- (dad's friend) Vietnam, Marine Corps
- Len Pietrusciewicz- (dad's friend) WWII, US Navy
Reading this list makes me cry. There are no words to express how grateful I am for the sacrifices these men made and are still making. I am truly humbled to consider them my family and my friends.