- Greens with Quick Artichoke Vinaigrette
- Orange-Coriander Roast Chicken with Red Onions
- Green Beans with Roasted Nuts and Cranberries
- Rice Pilaf with Sauteed Onions and Dill
- Raspberry Sorbet with Whipped Cream and Meringues
Party Prep Checklist
3 hours before dinner
- Make room for coats in a closet or on a bed.
- Clear the coffee and side tables (stow magazines and books in a closet), and plump the pillows.
- Put out clean towles and a scented candle in the bathroom.
- Arrange the flowers.
- Set the table.
2 hours before dinner
- Prepare and roast the chicken
- Chill white wines in the refrigerator and uncork reds.
- Wash the salad greens and make the vinaigrette (but don't combine the two yet).
- Make and refrigerate the whipped cream, and crumble the meringue cookies for the dessert.
45 minutes before dinner
- Wash 4 pints of strawberries and arrange them in a bowl so guests can nibble on them before dinner.
- Make the green beans.
- Make the rice pilaf.
10 minutes before dinner
- Prepare the pan drippings.
- Dress the salad greens on individual plates.
Party menu from Real Simple, April 2008