Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Goal Progress: Goal 83

Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it's not all mixed up.

~ AA Milne

Goal 83: Organize paperwork/office area & keep it that way


I love being organized. It's not that I have an extreme love of order, my love of order falls well within normal ranges. I think. I'm a little bit on the scattered side, a bit flighty if you will. If given the option between focusing my energy on one thing completely or doing some combination of 5 things at once, I always choose the 5. So being organized helps me get to everything that needs to get done, everything that needs my attention.

Admittedly, that hasn't been easy to do lately. School takes up a lot of time and energy. All that means is that things go a little longer before getting organized and put away. Which isn't bad, but eventually enough things pile up that it starts to clutter my workspace. Then I start to feel like the clutter is actually overtaking my mind as well. It gets hard to focus.

That's where we're at today. Take a look at the pictures below to see exactly what I mean.


This is what a desk looks likes when it's shared by two busy people. One using it for work, and one using it for school. That's right, on top of this being my study area, this is the big guy's office. He works from home, or at least tries to with the little space left.


I'm embarrassed. I'd like to say that I staged this photo, you know added some things to it to make it look worse. But that wouldn't be true. Yup, this is the actual chaos that lives in our house right now. Fortunately it's really only here and in our closet. I will spare you the horror that is our laundry pile. It's about ready to stage some sort of revolution. That's on the list for tomorrow.  


A closer look at all the randomness mixed in with the school work. Sometimes a girl needs a break from accounting, hence the magazine and open Crate & Barrel catalog. I got right back to the accounting, don't worry. Well, maybe not right back.


Just in case you though the insanity stopped with the top of the desk- wait there's more! This is the top of the bookshelf. Again, any inch of available space has been claimed with papers and magazines, and school stuff.

My mission this evening, should I choose to accept it, is to make some order out of the chaos. To make sense out of the mess. Basically, to prove the existence of the top of the desk.

We'll have to see how this turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment