Friday, April 29, 2011

Fairy Tale Friday

Have you seen the pictures? Of course you have. I'm talking about the wedding of Prince William to Kate Middleton. AMAZEBALLS!

I thought about getting up super early to watch, but just couldn't do it. I give a lot of credit to everyone like my mom who did. I've got it recorded though so I can watch it later. :-)

Not everyone does, but I love the pomp and circumstance of a formal wedding. I love the ceremonial air that comes with the celebration of two people making such a profound commitment to each other. I think it's a serious thing, one not to be taken lightly, and as such deserves special attention. Now I don't know that I would have wanted the attention of the entire world watching me on my wedding day. I have to say, Kate handled it with so much grace and poise. Exactly how a princess should carry herself.

Love this picture of Kate and her sister, Philippa. So sweet.


And the dress. Swoon. It was designed by Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen. I've seen a few places say that it looks like she's channeling Grace Kelly on her wedding day, and I agree. Kate's is definitely a more modern and accessible take on the look. Both are timeless, elegant, and so much what I picture a princess's wedding dress to be. I'm not one who pictures a lot of sparkle or bling for something like this. Instead I think of things are very traditional, like lots of lace and impeccable craftsmanship and attention to detail.



What a beautiful bride! I can only imagine what it must feel like to actually be a princess. Probably a lot more work and responsibility than most of realize, or would even want in real life. But on a day like today, it's awfully fun to get caught up in the fairy tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment