Thursday, January 28, 2010

Knockout Knockoffs

As we get more into the decor of our house, we get further and further into our wallets. I have always been a fan of a great deal, which is why I really shouldn't go to Costco unsupervised. (Sure, we may never go through all 180 of those freezer bags, still on the first box actually, but it was such a good deal!)

Most of the blogs you see in my Google Reader list (on the left side of the page) are about ways to get high style without the high price tag. It leaves me with a warm fuzzy feeling to know that I don't have to spend $500 on an awesome end table, that I can recreate it or find it somewhere else for $100 or less. But let's be honest, I'm only so crafty. I can only do so much to recreate something or refurbish. Let alone start from scratch.

It's been a long time, but I used to know my way around a wood shop. For one of my theatre classes I had to put in hours building sets. There's something about seeing a sketch on paper, getting some simple instructions and then seeing the finished product come to life.

So where am I going with this? Glad you asked. I recently stumbled across a new blog- mostly because several of the blogs I read have mentioned it already. In her blog, Knockoff Wood, Ana lays out the plans and step by step instructions so that you can recreate some amazing pieces.


The plans are really easy to follow- even for someone with my limited power tool knowledge. It's enough to make a girl want to clear out the garage and make it a work room!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE KnockOff Wood! I'm planning on building a couple things too that I've seen on there. And I even got a lot of my skills from high school theatre! Gotta love the tech work, lol.

    ReplyDelete