Tuesday, September 7, 2010

90 Day Challenge- Day 31

I'm a little bit (or a lotta bit) behind posting the results from this week's weigh-in. That's probably because I'm not very happy with myself. I indulged a little too much, and definitely saw the impact it had on my progress.

This week (Weigh-in happened on schedule on Day 28)
Weight lost: -1 (Yup, I actually gained a pound. Ugh)

Overall
Weight lost: 4.8 lbs
BMI percentage change: .9%

So overall, still going in the right direction. Just with a slight detour. It's going to happen every now and then, so I'm trying to keep it in perspective. As long as the progress stays consistent, that's what will bring about a lasting change. And that's really what I'm working towards.

A big plus for this week was getting a new weight lifting routine. I'm spending more and more time in the part of the gym that I find most intimidating. But it's not as bad as I thought, mostly because of something our trainer said that really put things into perspective.

When I mentioned that this particular area is a little scary for me, he said  that was fine and nothing to worry about. I expected the standard "nobody's paying any attention, they're not going to be staring at you and judging response." Instead he asked me to look around the gym and just observe people, specifically to look at body compositions that were most common in each activity area. Then he asked me which group I want to be in. Gave me some things to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment