Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bathroom Saga: Day 6

Day 6 was the last of the tile installation. The shower is complete! We did the same accent tile here that we used around the tub.

I don't know what it is, but I love the look of white subway tile. I know it comes up a lot in various design blogs, but I think there's good reason for that. It's classic and it goes with so many different styles. We're going for a slightly more modern feel in this space, and it fits right in. With the right accents and the right color palette it would look equally appropriate in my mom's house which is much more traditional than ours.

 A close up of the tiles, and me attempting to get a cool angle with my camera. I should probably not be attempting to start a photography business any time soon.
 And the floor tile. We wanted something that would give us the look of marble, but definitely not in that price range. Enter a ceramic tile with a carrera-esque gray vein pattern.



 So much more light now. This corner was so dark before, it just felt closed off from the rest of the room. The whole thing was more like a series of cubbies. Now it feels like a cohesive, open space.

 We added a piece of trim to the half wall to mimic the one we have at the top of the stair case. It's identical. We do want to keep some flow throughout the house.
 This little cubby is what's left of the linen closet we removed to expand the shower. The brackets are for shelves. We'll have plenty of space for all the things that we need to store in the room. We were really using less space than this in the linen closet anyway, so it's not going to be a big adjustment.
I can't wait to show you what comes next :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment