Monday, November 16, 2009

Wekend Plan Recap

It really was a busy weekend. But we did really well with our to-do list! I'm finally getting to be a bit more realistic.

Friday
1. Go to the grocery store. Picked up all our side dish ingredients and did it pretty quickly.
2. Pick up the big guy at the airport. After a cancelled flight and a thirty minute delay, I finally got him in the car and on the way home. It was a late night!
3. Prep food for Saturday. I did a little bit, but could have done more. I did get the table set. I'll post pictures later this week, I just have to get them off the camera.

Saturday
1. Get hair cut. Done! I'm thrilled with how it turned out.
2. Clean the house. The big guy had most of this done by the time I got back from the salon. He's awesome.
3. Cook Thanksgiving dinner. Our trial run went really well. I've got a small adjustment to make to the gravy, but everything else came out just the way I wanted. And we learned that it takes about 4 days in the fridge for a turkey to thaw. Fortunately the Fresh Market down the street had fresh turkeys available. Put us a little behind schedule, but hey, that's why we did a trial run!

Sunday
1. Watch the Colts beat the Patriots. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi.
    I'm just stopping by from the DIY Showoff. You have a lovely blog.

    XO*Tricia
    Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete