Sunday, November 6, 2011

30 Days of Thanks: Day 1- A Person

Take chances, take a lot of them. Because honestly, no matter where end up and with whom, it always ends up just the way it should be. Your mistakes make you who you are. You learn and grow with each choice you make. Everything is worth it. Say how you feel, always. Be you and be OK with it.
~Unknown

The first thing on the list to be thankful for is a person. I'm actually cheating a little bit on this one, and I'm picking two people.



These are my parents. If you've met them, you know how great they are. This is the two of them dancing at our wedding. They're preparing to celebrate 37 years of marriage at the end of this month. That's pretty amazing. Their commitment to each other, and the way they approach their marriage as a partnership is inspiring.

They raised me to always believe in myself and to trust my instincts. They listened to me and taught me that what I have to say is important. They came to ballet recitals, high school choir performances, musicals, singing competitions and plays, and they still have the videos to prove it. Really, my husband has seen them- including the kindergarten Easter program where I was a lamb. Yup. Furry white hat with black felt ears.

They taught me to respect myself and other people and to treat them the way I want to be treated in return. They always told me and showed me how much they love me and made sure I knew that I was important. They make home a wonderful place to be. Their encouragement and support has meant more to me than I can really say. I wouldn't be where I am or who I am today without them.

For that, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment