Monday, November 7, 2011

30 Days of Thanks: Day 2- An Animal

I'm pretty sure you know which animal I'm choosing for today's post. It's Loki. (It's kind of his blog too, it would just be mean not to include him in the list.)


There's something about those big brown eyes and that wiggly butt that just makes me smile. Like all the time. I love coming home to such excitement- all because I came home, I haven't really even done anything. It's hard to remember a time when we didn't have him. It's been four-and-a-half years since we adopted him.

If you have a pet, or have ever considered one, you know that they're a lot of work. But totally worth it. There's more to it than vet visits and bags of food. There's the companionship, and that unconditional love and acceptance that only a pet can provide. He doesn't care if I've had a long day at work, or if I'm struggling with an assignment for school. He doesn't care if the bed is made or if the floors have been vaccuumed. He only cares if his bowl gets filled at dinner time and if his belly gets rubbed and if I scratch behind his ears.

He's easy, and reminds me that at the end of the day it really doesn't matter all that much if the bed is made and the floors have been vaccuumed. It matters that we spend quality time with the people we love and who make us feel loved in return.

He's my favorite furry partner in crime- assuming that crime consists mostly of afternoon naps on the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment