Thursday, November 10, 2011

30 Days of Thanks: Day 9- A Blog

Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.
~ Mother Teresa

There are a lot of blogs out there in the world. The list in my Google Reader seems to get bigger all the time. Every now and then, a blog really stands out for one reason or another. In this case it's because I know the blogger and have come to think of her as a good friend. Her name is Lindsay, and her blog is the one that inspired me to do this 30 Days of Thanks series that you're reading. This is her blog. She's funny, she's stylish, she's great at what she does, and she's a great friend. Basically, she's the type of woman I want to be when I grow up.

Lindsay is one of several women that I met on a popular wedding planning board a  few years ago. The only thing that we had in common at the time was the month we were all getting married- October 2011. I don't think I knew what to expect at the time, aside from a place to go and share all the little details of the planning with people who would be just as interested and making some of the same decisions at the same time. It saved my friends from conversations about the best napkin colors and whether the sash on the chair should be tied in a bow or a simple fold. (Black and a simple fold in case you're curious.)

Somewhere along the way, these women became more than just names on posts, and we found that we had a lot more in common beyond the weddings. We've been there for each other through some of life's biggest moments- marriage, divorce, births, infertility, death, new jobs, new homes. We've been there for each other to share little moments as well. We're all there to support each other and occasionally remind each other that we're not crazy after all.

It's funny looking back on it, but I really have gotten so much from them. I'm better for having known them, and happier for having them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment