Monday, November 7, 2011

30 Days of Thanks: Day 3- A Cozy Place in Your Home

A house is much more than a mere shelter, it should lift us emotionally and spiritually.~ John Saladino

I love our house. I love making little changes here and there that make it really feel like it represents us. One aspect of my personality that gets incorporated in almost every room is the fact that I'm a bookworm. We have books everywhere. But just having the books isn't enough, there has to be someplace to read them. This is one of my favorite places in the house.



This is a corner in our master bedroom. There's a small table for my glasses, the book I'm reading, and a glass of wine. The faux fur blanket is super cozy, and it only takes about 5 minutes to fall asleep for a little nap between chapters. Because of that, not much studying happens here. I might try, but it never works. Here's what we have in that corner that makes it work.
  • Chaise- Craig's List
  • Table- Pier 1
  • Lamp- Crate and Barrel
  • Blanket- Z Gallerie
  • Painting above the chaise- I actually painted that with my friend Mandy at a Wine and Canvas event. It's an art class with a bartender. How could I not try that out. We've been twice.
It's just a comfortable, cozy place.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment