Friday, November 11, 2011

30 Days of Thanks: Day 11- A Tradition

Today is Veteran's Day, so it seems fitting that the tradition I'm thankful for is our military. I find myself humbled on a regular basis by those who choose to serve our country and protect our ideals and our freedoms. As the daughter of an Air Force veteran and the grand-daughter of Navy veteran, I am immeasurably proud today. I'm proud of them every day, but today I get to take a few minutes out of my day and really think about all that they've done.

So to all those soldiers and their families- Thank you. The sacrifices you make are not easy, but they are appreciated. Though we frequently take them for granted, we would be lost without the opportunities provided to all of us through your sacrifices.

{image found via pinterest}

No comments:

Post a Comment