Sunday, November 6, 2011

30 Days of Thanks

Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of travelling.~Margaret B. Runbeck

How easy it is to forget all the little things, and not so little things, that make life unique and special. It's far too simple to take things for granted. Even as one of the 99% in this country, there's very little for us to complain about. We're all exceptionally lucky and should take some time to remember that.

I'm not always great about it, but I try. So for the rest of this month, I'm participating in something that my friend Lindsay is doing on her blog. I've added a new button on the right side of the screen for it. For the 30 days of November, I'll be posting about something that I'm thankful for. Now I'm a little bit behind, so I've got some catching up to do. That just means you get to hear more from me than you're used to, which can't be all bad right? Right. I thought so.

So what's involved in this 30 days of Thanks? There's a list- which I like. You're not surprised by that. I'm pretty sure the big guy laughs out loud when he hears me say that. Ask him about the Gantt chart I made while wedding planning- well, on second thought, maybe don't. So here's the list that I'll be working through for the rest of this month:

1. a person
2. an animal
3. a cozy place in your home
4. a favorite snack
5. a place
6. a pair of shoes
7. a scent
8. a restaurant
9. a blog
10. a time of day
11. a tradition
12. a gadget
13. something old
14. something new
15. a recipe
16. an experience
17. a store
18. a saying/quote/scripture
19. a favorite piece of clothing
20. a keepsake
21. a disappointment or fear
22. a book
23. a feeling
24. a photograph
25. a luxury
26. a charity
27. a song
28. a gift
29. something in your home
30. the thing you're most thankful for

I'll be adding pictures along the way. I need the practice with my camera. Not for anything in particular, but just for fun. So here's to the next 30 days, and to having the opportunity to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment