Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Favorite Chair

Have you ever seen something for your home that you just love? It can be hard to explain exactly why you like this particular item and why it's inspired such strong feelings, but you know that there's just something about it.

That's how I feel about the Barcelona Chair. The chair was designed in 1929 by Mies van der Rohe. (All images below from Google Images.)

The graceful curves of the chrome.

The polish of the leather.

The $7,000 price tag for an original. Ok- so maybe I don't love that part. But I have been able to find reproductions for $500 or less.

It's classic, it's timeless, and oh-so-swoon-inducing in white.

We happen to have the perfect spot next to the bar in the front half of the family room for one. Perhaps someday we'll be able to fill that spot. For now it will just have to wait. But someday, maybe I'll get to be at home sitting in my favorite chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment