Thursday, March 6, 2008

Close calls

I am incredibly lucky. Andrew was in a pretty bad car accident on Tuesday. I left work early and met him at the ER and stayed with him and his mom until the doctors said he was ok to go home.

He was driving on 465 on his way home from a meeting and the roads were icy and slushy, and the weather was just generally bad. He was in the far left lane, and someone attempted to merge into his lane and cut him off. He braked, which I think anyone would have done, in order to avoid getting hit and lost control of the car as it started to spin. He remembers making eye contact with the driver of the semi behind him and then his car was pushed into the cement median. The entire trunk of his car was smashed in, to a point where it looked like he didn't have one.

I was so scared on my way to the hospital, I had no idea what to expect. He was still strapped to the board that they put him on in the ambulance to restrict movement in case of any serious back/neck damage. He was uncomfortable, but he was ok. After much waiting and a few more x-rays, the doctor came in and told us he was ok.

He's got a few sore muscles, and just a little bruising from the seat belt, but other than that. he's completely ok. I can't imagine what I'd do without him. I'm so glad he's ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment