Monday, February 25, 2008

How Sweet is My Dad?

Originally Posted Jan. 31, 2008

I just got off the phone with my mom who let me know that she found her dress. It's a rich midnight blue color with an off-the-shoulder neckline and 3/4 length sleeves. It's got a long straight skirt with a little bit of movement to it. The top is ruched, very flattering, and across the beckline there are these tiny blue beads sewn in. She's not extremely sparkly like with sequins, but every time she moves she shimmers a little. I've seen her in it before, and people were actually crossing the store to compliment her.

So she called to keep me updated on that and to let me know about something my dad said this weekend over dinner. They were talking a little about the wedding, and my dad asked my mom to do him a favor on the day of the wedding. My dad isn't one to ask for anything, so she knew it was important to him, whatever it was. He asked if she thought the bridesmaids would mind if he stood in front of them a little before we all come in, just for a minute so he can watch my mom walk down the aisle. He explained that he still remembers how excited, happy, and lucky he felt the first time he saw her walk down the aisle at their wedding 34 years ago and he doesn't want to miss it this time. He also asked if she wouldn't mind turning around just before going into the pew so he can see her smile.

Needless to say, she cried and said she would. Heck, I'm tearing up a little right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment